Ring Seal Smoke Repair
- Stops Smoking
- Stops Noise
- Stops Blue Exhaust Smoke
- Reduces Oil Burning
- Seals Worn Pistons & Rings
- Add to Engine Oil Anytime
Rislone’s Bestselling Smoke Repair Formula
Seeing smoke? We can help. Our Ring Seal Smoke Repair is formulated to help stop blue exhaust smoke, reduce oil burning and prevent plug fouling caused by blow-by. We talk to customers every day about this, so we know a thing or two about the problem, its cause, and how to fix it chemically.
Blow-by is usually caused by gaps in internal engine parts resulting from excess wear. Rislone’s Ring Seal Smoke Repair contains viscosity improvers that thicken the oil film, filling these gaps. It also provides a seal for worn pistons and rings and cushions engine parts to reduce wear and friction. In other words, it’s a car lifesaver in a bottle.
Make Rislone Your Car’s Lifeline
We’ve all seen smoking cars running down the road. If you’ve noticed increased dark smoke coming from your tailpipe, or seen increased oil consumption, your vehicle is probably burning oil. One of the most common causes of a smoking engine is a problem with your piston rings. When these precise seals start to wear, they allow oil to pass through. This in turn means more oil in the combustion chamber than is necessary for lubrication, which leads to visible blue/black smoke from your exhaust.
Replacing your piston rings is a major job. It involves dismantling your engine and physically removing the pistons to replace the rings. Due to the cost, complexity and time involved, you probably want to avoid this unless it’s absolutely necessary. For many cases, our engineers here have created our Ring Seal Smoke Repair product. We’ve spent nearly 100 years perfecting all sorts of automotive chemicals, additives and treatments, including our technician-proven engine piston seal technology.
Every gasoline and diesel engine consumes a bit of oil. That’s normal. Oil is present to provide lubrication for the pistons and rings in the cylinders of your engine. Over time, as your piston rings and pistons wear, they start to allow more and more oil to seep through into the combustion chamber. This causes several problems:
- Smoke: As oil burns, burned carbon releases a blue/black smoke that is visible to the naked eye. This is a pollutant that’s not only bad for the environment, but can also keep your car from passing an emissions test.
- Contamination: The presence of too much oil in your engine combustion can allow soot to build up in your catalytic converter, exhaust pipes and mufflers. These are costly components to repair.
- Consumption: Oil that’s making it past your piston rings is no longer in your engine to provide lubrication. Over time, your oil level will drop and you’ll need to top-off your oil in between oil changes.
Aside from the environmental and cleanliness issues a car engine smoking can case, the cost of modern engine oils is reason enough to act. Our affordable formulas are engineered to stop engine piston seal leaks and to keep your vehicle from smoking.
All you have to do is watch Bobby and Caitlin in our how-to video and follow along with our easy installation process. Your car will be back to normal before you know it! Remember: your car is what it eats. Make it Rislone.